Highlights of 2012:
- Probably the biggest news was the paid writing gig for Serious Eats (list of my articles). I'm still doing it, despite a little hiatus during the hectic holiday season. Working with an editor and dealing with assignments was a great learning experience, and I look forward to a continued relationship with the site.
- I joined the Southern Tastes panel for Memphis' newspaper The Commercial Appeal, which means that a couple of times a month I join area chefs and food personalities to opine about various topics. It's nice to have your picture in the good part of the newspaper.
- I finally managed to make perfect pasta from scratch, culminating in an amazing batch of rabbit ravioli served with some delicious Edna Valley wines.
- My friend Juli Eck introduced me to the amazing Stetson Salad, which I had fun rebuilding.
- The April Fools' Day post about twineblogging actually resulted in some offers from various jute twine manufacturers.
- Further explorations into authentic Mexican cooking with mole negro oaxaqueño.
- Getting to share Tokaji with Julia and her family for the first time was a magical experience.
- The shrimp and grits in lobster stock was a real show-stopper.
- Lots of great online tastings this past year, far too many to mention, but it's nice bumping into the same bloggers once a month or so.
2013 is off to a great start, and after a brief break in the holidays, it's time for the rush of Valentine's Day samples. Thanks again to everyone for reading, and I can't wait for us to make it to the big 10 in 2015. Stay tuned!