20 June 2012

Welcome Serious Eats Readers!

Welcome first time readers, and I hope you enjoy my site. Check out my favorite posts for some of the hits from the past seven years, or zoom through the topic links at the bottom left. Despite the name of the blog, I write a lot about food and many other subjects.

Long time readers might be asking themselves, "What's going on?" A couple of months ago the food website SeriousEats.com was looking to hire writers in various cities to cover specific local topics. Memphis was not on that list, but I made a persuasive case and after some test posts and writing/photography samples, I landed a paid gig as the Memphis Correspondent. I've been an avid reader of the site for years, and am excited to write the occasional article for them, like my first one on...

Where to Eat Fried Catfish in Memphis: 6 Spots to Try

This won't really impact Benito's Wine Reviews much, since I'll be writing about local food and restaurants, topics I don't cover a lot here, and they have their own wine and cocktail writers. While I hope this brings in new readers, I'm primarily doing it for the experience of writing with an editor, writing with space constraints, and taking on assignments. I'll keep to the regular schedule of three posts a week here, though when something is published on Serious Eats I'll probably just make a small post with a link to the article. I'm really looking forward to flexing some different writing muscles and getting the opportunity to share some local favorites with readers throughout the country and around the world.

8 comments:

Samantha Dugan said...

Congrats me amigo.

Benito said...

Samantha,

Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,
Benito

Anonymous said...

Ben,
congrats! This is great - love that website, and always love your writing, so win, win!

Benito said...

Anonymous,

Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to future posts on Serious Eats!

Cheers,
Benito

EllenLV said...

Congratulations Ben, they got a talented writer when they hired you. I love your site and look forward to seeing it highlighted in my feeds, always a great read.
Luck to you,
Ellen

Benito said...

Ellen,

Thank you so much, and I hope you enjoy my blog!

Cheers,
Benito

Anonymous said...

Love this Ben - will check Serious Eats out.

Benito said...

Thanks, Anonymous! They pack in a lot of fresh content every day.

Cheers,
Benito