01 September 2014

One Smart Pet Food Company

As part of a bag of early birthday gifts, my parents gave me some dog treats from One Smart Pet Food Company based here in Memphis, Tennessee. The company makes all natural treats for dogs and cats, and my particular present was a packet of Memphis Style BBQ Bones ($10/8oz.), made from pork shoulder, brown rice flour, lentil flour, water, and natural smoke extract. No artificial ingredients or weird scrapings from the slaughterhouse floor.


As soon as I opened the bag, Bella expressed an interest in the contents.


The treats are shown here next to a wine cork for size comparison. Note that wine corks are not acceptable dog toys and should be kept out of reach.


Bella decided to look pitiful while I was taking photos and reading the ingredients.


"Guess what, Bella? It's not your birthday!" I ate two of the treats. After all, I like smoked pork shoulder, lentils, and brown rice. I've made homemade dog treats in the past and one particular batch made from a recipe in one of my bread cookbooks was so tasty that I ate more of them than Wolfie did. "Bella, did I mention how tasty these are?"


These are drier and harder than your average human snack, but you can definitely taste the meat. I wouldn't mind serving these with a little ramekin of BBQ sauce.


OK, she waited long enough. Bella was enthusiastic and enjoyed two of the small treats. I have a feeling that she'll be bugging me for another one later on today. But she deserves it, she's a good dog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the last part I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.pet food reviews

Anonymous said...

Good post. I have been following this site religiously, and I am amazed! Very useful stuff, especially the last section. I really value this kind of knowledge. For a very long time, I was looking for this specific information. Regards and best of luck.Pooch Perks Coupons code