26 July 2007

2006 La Grenouille Rouganté Pink

I've been slack in my pursuit of dry rosés this summer. But here's a great one with which to resume the hunt. 2006 La Grenouille Rouganté Pink from Frog's Leap in Napa. It's 98% Valdigué and 2% Petite Sirah. I grabbed this because it looked like a French rosé, and then I see the details on the label. That name, by the way, means something like "the blushing frog". Strawberry and watermelon are the dominant flavors, and it's got a touch of almost fizzy acidity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorites.

Michael Hughes said...

You have got to try the Robert Sinskey Vin Gris of Pinot Noir. It is one of the best roses in the market. Unfortunately, I believe it is only available at Chez Phillippe. Joe's had it for a short period of time but sold out. The distributor is only allocated a small amount. Another good one is Paul Achs rose from Austria. Outstanding wine made from the st.laurent grape.